Built from the Ground up for Cost-Sensitive Applications
Like Altera's highly successful first-generation 130-nm Cyclone® FPGA family, 90-nm Cyclone II FPGAs are built from the ground up for low cost and to provide a customer-defined feature set for high-volume, cost-sensitive applications. Cyclone II FPGAs deliver high performance and low power consumption at a cost that rivals that of ASICs.
Cyclone II FPGAs are supported by the easy-to-use and free Quartus® II Web Edition design software (no license required), a broad catalog of intellectual property (IP), and hardware development kits to enable rapid development of low-cost FPGA solutions.
Designers needing lower costs, more density, and functionality for high-volume applications can take advantage of more advanced device families in this series. These newer Cyclone families strengthen Altera's leadership position in solutions for high-volume, low-cost applications.
Customer-Defined Feature Set
You can use Cyclone II FPGAs alone or as a digital signal processing (DSP) solution and, when a Nios® II processor is implemented, Cyclone II FPGAs provide a cost-effective embedded processing solution. Cyclone II FPGAs provide a wide range of density, memory, embedded multiplier, and packaging options in a customer-defined FPGA feature set optimized for low-cost applications.
Cyclone II FPGAs also support a wide range of common external memory interfaces and I/O protocols common in low-cost applications. Plus, you'll find parameterizable intellectual property (IP) cores make using Cyclone II FPGA interfaces and protocols easy.
Learn more about Altera® Cyclone II FPGAs and start your next design now. The following resources are available from Altera and ecosystem partners to get you started designing with confidence.
- Download Cyclone II literature and utilities, including:
- Cyclone II Device Handbook—Comprehensive device information and PCB layout guidelines
- Pin-outs (PDF, TXT, and XLS formats)
- Cyclone II PowerPlay early power estimator
- Download free design software and IP evaluations, including:
- Free Quartus II Web Edition design software and no license required (supports all Cyclone II FPGAs)
- Nios II embedded processors (evaluation edition)
- IP cores supporting Cyclone II devices
- Jump-start development with Altera and partner development kits
- Download PCB layout and test files, including:
- Gerber files for FineLine BGA packages
- IBIS models for simulation
- BSDL files for testing
- PCB symbols and footprint libraries
- Buy device samples online
Altera End-Market Solutions
Cyclone II devices are perfect for a wide array of high-volume end-market solutions, such as automotive, communications, consumer, video processing, and test and measurement.